Head-on car crash kills three people in Sydney’s San Souci
Police have revealed new details about what led to the tragic crash.
Three people have died in a “horrific and tragic” head-on collision that has left two vehicles mangled.
Emergency services were called to Rocky Point Rd in San Souci, South Sydney, to reports of a two-car crash about 12.30am on Saturday.
A white Audi had landed on its roof following the collision, while the top of a blue Camry was found with its roof smashed in.
About 12.25am, police officers attended a home on Second Ave in Gymea, about 8km south of the crash scene, to speak to a 42-year-old man regarding reports of a mental health incident.
As police arrived, however, the man left the scene in a white Audi before police could speak to him.
Soon after, police were called to the crash site.
The 42-year-old male driver of the Audi and both the male driver and passenger of the Camry were killed in the crash.
7NEWS understands the Audi was launched into the air after crashing into a dividing barrier and landing on top of the Camry.
“It was a horrific scene,” Detective Acting Superintendent Graham Hibbs said.
“The circumstances of what has occurred last night, from what I understand, are horrific and tragic.
“We really feel for the families of all three persons who were involved in this incident and their loved ones.”

Hibbs said the Camry had been “extremely unlucky” to be involved in the incident.
“I don’t think there were many cars on the road at that time,” he said.
Up to 40 locals raced to the scene soon after the crash to try to help the victims.
“Some of the bystanders rushed over to offer what minimal assistance they could offer in the circumstances,” Hibbs said.
“The engine bay of one of the vehicles had caught alight and they are assisted with putting that out.“
“It was obviously quite a high-impact crash, it was obviously quite a distressing scene for those people.
“It wouldn’t be nice for any person to see that scene that occurred this morning.”
Rocky Point Rd has been shut in both directions as the Crash Investigation Unit assists police with inquiries into the crash.
Anyone with information, including CCTV, dashcam or mobile phone footage, has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers.
News
HE WAS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH… :Family members are now sharing memories of Conroy, 14, after the Calder Highway crash — but people online say one detail from the final minutes is now overshadowing every tribute…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has opened up with heartfelt memories in the days following the tragic crash…
YOU DIDN’T KNOW THE BOY WE KNEW… ;Relatives of Conroy, 14, are now pushing back against the wave of criticism online — but the detail now splitting people into two sides is what witnesses reportedly described seeing before the road suddenly went quiet…
The grieving family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has issued a strong public pushback against the intense online criticism that…
HE CAN’T DEFEND HIMSELF ANYMORE… Family members of Conroy, 14, have now broken down after the Calder Highway tragedy, saying the internet is deciding who he was in just 24 hours — but critics online say one image from that final journey keeps changing the conversation…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has emotionally broken down in public statements following the fatal crash on Victoria’s…
HE DESERVED BETTER THAN THIS… : Loved ones are now speaking out after the death of Conroy, 14 in the stolen ute crash — but critics online say one detail keeps replaying in their minds: reports that metal could be heard scraping along the road for 4 seconds before everything suddenly went silent…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has once again spoken out in the wake of the fatal crash on…
HE WAS A GOOD KID WHO MADE MISTAKES… 🚨💔 Family members are now trying to defend Conroy, 14 after the Calder Highway tragedy — but people online keep pointing to the reported 300KM journey before the ute suddenly ended against a tree…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has once again spoken out in the wake of the fatal crash on…
STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM LIKE HE WAS A MONSTER… 💔 Loved ones have now spoken publicly after Conroy, 14, d.i.e.d in the crash — but critics online say one image keeps sticking with them: bodies reportedly leaning from the windows while the ute rolled across lane markings…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has broken their silence with an emotional plea to the public following the…
End of content
No more pages to load



