Uber driver killed in horror crash was on his ‘last ride of the night’ on the way home: Friends reveal 22-year-old student hadn’t seen family in Pakistan for four years
An Uber driver killed in a triple-fatality crash after an out-of-control Audi smashed into his Camry was a 22-year-old student doing his final job of the night on his way home.
Shoaib Hussain was a ‘kind and hardworking’ social work student who drove Ubers on weekends to support himself while studying and send money home to his family in Pakistan.
His best friend in Australia told the Daily Mail his family was ‘completely broken’ after learning of his death.
Shoaib had only started driving for Uber at the beginning of 2026 to earn extra money.
But what was meant to be one final fare before heading home would end in tragedy.
On Saturday morning, he had picked up Seamus Duignan, 28, who was heading home after celebrating his birthday at a concert, when the speeding white Audi smashed into Mr Hussain’s blue Camry in Sans Souci, in Sydney‘s south.
The deadly crash unfolded just minutes after police were called over serious concerns for the Audi driver Tamati Gilbert’s welfare.
At about 12.25am, officers were sent to a home in Gymea Bay after Gilbert’s partner contacted police and raised ‘grave concerns’ about his mental health.

+4
View gallery
Shoaib Hussain started driving Ubers to support his family back in Pakistan, who are ‘completely broken’ by the news he died when an out-of-control Audi driver smashed into Shoaib’s Camry, causing a triple fatality

+4
View gallery
Tamati Gilbert sped off in his Audi after police arrived at his home and, ten minutes later, he was dead along with the two men whose car he had smashed into with his out-of-control vehicle
Police found Gilbert sitting inside the Audi in the driveway, but he sped away before they were able to speak with him.
About 10 minutes later, emergency services received reports that an Audi had launched over a concrete barrier and crashed onto a blue Toyota Camry on Rocky Point Road in Sans Souci, about 13km away.
Mr Duignan, Mr Hussain and Gilbert all died at the scene.
CCTV footage later showed Mr Gilbert travelling at ‘considerable speeds’ in the Audi moments before the horror crash.
Shoaib’s best friend, Qasim Malik, told the Mail they had been speaking on the phone shortly before his friend said he was going to do one final job for the night on his way home.
‘I am his friend. We talk on the phone every day. He is one of four brothers, the second son. He came to Australia four years ago to study and hasn’t seen his family, hasn’t been back to Pakistan in that time.
‘His family are asking that his body be sent home so they can bury him in Pakistan.’
Mr Malik said that once forensic investigators at Lidcombe Coroner’s had finished examining his friend’s remains, he would hold a funeral for him in Auburn before Shoaib’s body was returned to his home country.

+4
View gallery
Shoaib Hussain had picked up Seamus Duignan, 28, who was heading home after celebrating his birthday when the speeding white Audi smashed into Mr Hussain’s blue Camry in Sans Souci, in Sydney’s south, in the early hours of Saturday

+4
View gallery
Shocked bystanders tried to help after the impact caused one of the cars to catch alight, with one woman saying she ‘grabbed the fire extinguisher, gave it to somebody and just checked that people weren’t trapped inside’
‘He was a kind and nice person, and he was still only young. He came here when he was 18. It is a very big loss for his friends and family.’
As Shoaib’s loved ones mourned the young Uber driver’s death, the family of passenger Seamus Duignan was also grappling with the devastating loss.
Seamus’s brother, Sean Duignan, described him as ‘a good man, brother and uncle’ who was ‘never in trouble, just a good man who loved a laugh’.
The victim’s mother, Kim Duignan, has demanded a comprehensive investigation into the crash that claimed her son’s life.
‘There needs to be a complete inquest into what caused this crash,’ she told the Daily Telegraph.
News
“THREE LIVES GONE AFTER A HEAD-ON CRASH IN SECONDS…” 😳💔 Three people have died after a devastating head-on collision in Sydney’s San Souci. But the detail now stopping people is the number itself — 3 people, 2 vehicles, 1 moment — as investigators work to understand what happened in the final seconds before impact…
Head-on car crash kills three people in Sydney’s San Souci Police have revealed new details about what led to the…
HE WAS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH… :Family members are now sharing memories of Conroy, 14, after the Calder Highway crash — but people online say one detail from the final minutes is now overshadowing every tribute…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has opened up with heartfelt memories in the days following the tragic crash…
YOU DIDN’T KNOW THE BOY WE KNEW… ;Relatives of Conroy, 14, are now pushing back against the wave of criticism online — but the detail now splitting people into two sides is what witnesses reportedly described seeing before the road suddenly went quiet…
The grieving family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has issued a strong public pushback against the intense online criticism that…
HE CAN’T DEFEND HIMSELF ANYMORE… Family members of Conroy, 14, have now broken down after the Calder Highway tragedy, saying the internet is deciding who he was in just 24 hours — but critics online say one image from that final journey keeps changing the conversation…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has emotionally broken down in public statements following the fatal crash on Victoria’s…
HE DESERVED BETTER THAN THIS… : Loved ones are now speaking out after the death of Conroy, 14 in the stolen ute crash — but critics online say one detail keeps replaying in their minds: reports that metal could be heard scraping along the road for 4 seconds before everything suddenly went silent…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has once again spoken out in the wake of the fatal crash on…
HE WAS A GOOD KID WHO MADE MISTAKES… 🚨💔 Family members are now trying to defend Conroy, 14 after the Calder Highway tragedy — but people online keep pointing to the reported 300KM journey before the ute suddenly ended against a tree…
The family of 14-year-old Conroy from Mildura has once again spoken out in the wake of the fatal crash on…
End of content
No more pages to load




